See More: Leadership Team
Amy Boland, CPA
Nonprofit Audit Partner
Amy Boland, CPAis an audit partner at Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman CPAs and has been working in auditing and public accounting since 1994. She concentrates her skills in the specialized field of audits of nonprofit organizations including associations, private voluntary organizations and other charitable institutions.
She is responsible for all aspects of client service and engagement administration, and interacts with client management and staff to plan engagements, resolve problems and suggest procedures to improve accounting processes and internal controls. Additionally, she oversees budgeting and supervises audit staff to ensure the efficient completion of fieldwork.
Ms. Boland manages the planning and budgeting of audits in accordance with auditing standards generally accepted in the United States of America, Government Auditing Standards and the requirements of Title 2 U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance) and/or OMB Circular A-133. She performs audits on behalf of most federal agencies, most frequently for USAID grantees, and with our international PVO team to assist clients with global activity in strengthening field office controls, and establishing policies and procedures to ensure grant compliance.
Ms. Boland frequently presents on Title 2 U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 200, Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Uniform Guidance) and/or OMB Circular A-133 to highlight updates made to its federal compliance regulations.
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Pennsylvania State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Greater Washington Society of CPAs (GWSCPA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- Maryland Association of CPAs (MACPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Treasurer, American Association of Suicidology
- Member, Institute of Management Accountants, Small Business Committee