See More: Leadership Team
Andreas A. Alexandrou, CPA
Nonprofit Audit Partner
Andreas A. Alexandrou, CPA is an audit partner at Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman CPAs and has been consulting for and auditing tax-exempt organizations since 1996. Mr. Alexandrou’s expertise includes audits and internal control reviews of nonprofit organizations including associations, international organizations, private foundations and other charitable institutions. He also specializes in federal compliance examinations required for organizations (domestic and international) funded by the US government and other pass-through agencies.
Mr. Alexandrou is responsible for all aspects of client service and engagement administration, and interacts with clients (and their boards) to plan engagements, resolve problems, and suggest procedures to improve the accounting process and internal controls. Additionally, he oversees budgeting and the supervision of audit staff to ensure the efficient completion of fieldwork.
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, University of Maryland
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Greater Washington Society of CPAs (GWSCPA)
- Maryland Association of CPAs (MACPA)
- Board member, Freedom in Creation
- Advisory member, The GW Cancer Institute