See More: Leadership Team
Caroline Cheney, CPA, CFE
Senior Nonprofit Audit Manager
Caroline Cheney, CPA, CFE has more than eight years of experience in auditing and accounting. Ms. Cheney has a proven expertise in fraud prevention, detection and deterrence. She is trained to identify the warning signs and red flags that indicate evidence of fraud and fraud risk.
Ms. Cheney concentrates her skills in the specialized field of audits of nonprofit organizations including associations, private voluntary organizations and other charitable institutions. She attests to the reasonableness of disclosures, the freedom from material misstatement and the adherence to the generally accepted accounting principles in the financial statements for nonprofit clients.
Ms. Cheney has continued to expand her knowledge through professional education and hands-on supervisory experience as a leader in our audit department. As a manager, she assists and supervises the overall planning and administration of audit, review and compilation engagements, as well as the preparation and review of financial statements.
- Bachelor, Business Administration (Concetration in Accounting), Emory University
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- Greater Washington Society of CPAs (GWSCPA)
- Maryland Association of CPAs (MACPA)
- Audit Committee Member, So Others Might Eat (SOME)