See More: Leadership Team
Ian Shuman, CPA
Client Services Partner
Ian Shuman, CPA is a partner at Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman CPAs, as well as the director of the firm’s client services department. As director, he is responsible for overseeing the full-range of outsourced accounting services, both on and off-site, for nonprofit organizations and for-profit businesses at various stages of development. He has worked in public accounting since 1996, providing auditing, consulting and general accounting services to many different types of entities.
Mr. Shuman often takes on or oversees temporary controllership assignments for clients and assists in the recruiting and training of client accounting personnel when clients prefer to perform as many accounting functions as possible in-house. He frequently advises nonprofits and other businesses on best practices for setting up their accounting systems. Mr. Shuman is a member of the faculty at the Center for Nonprofit Advancement and also speaks at seminars on the components of the financial statements of nonprofit organizations among other topics. Recent seminars include sessions for Princeton AlumniCorp’s Emerging Leaders, Nonprofit Roundtable’s Future Executive Directors, the Foundation Center and the Nonprofit Cooperation Circle. He is proficient in several accounting software packages and is also a certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor and a certified QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor.
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, Pennsylvania State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Greater Washington Society of CPAs (GWSCPA)
- Maryland Association of CPAs (MACPA)
- Board member of Constellation Theatre Company and Bach Sinfonia
- Former Treasurer, Maryland chapter of the Race for the Cure
- Former treasurer of the Sitar Arts Center