This is the third post in a three-part blog series Read more →
See More: Leadership Team
Jackie Oneto, CPA
Jackie Oneto, CPA is managing partner in the firm of Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman CPAs with 18 years of experience in auditing and accounting in both the public and private sectors. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting at the University of Maryland – Robert H. Smith School of Business and continues to expand her knowledge in auditing and consulting through ongoing professional education and hands-on work experience.
Ms. Oneto specializes in audits of nonprofit organizations including 501(c)(3) charitable entities, associations, private voluntary organizations, and various arts, advocacy, community development and other charitable institutions. She oversees the planning and budgeting of audits in accordance with the Yellow Book and OMB Circulars A-122 and A-133. She also leads the employee benefit plan audit practice and has extensive experience auditing 401(k), 401(a), 403(b), profit-sharing, pension and health and welfare plans.
Shortly after becoming the firm’s new managing partner on July 1, 2013, Ms. Oneto was interviewed by Accounting Today about the emerging role of women in the accounting profession.
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, University of Maryland – Robert H. Smith School of Business
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA’s Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Greater Washington Society of CPAs (GWSCPA)
- Maryland Association of CPAs (MACPA)
- National Association of Professional Women
- Board of Governors, The Greater Washington Society of CPAs
- Community Council, Tree House Child Assessment Center of Montgomery County
- Membership Committee, Nonprofit Roundtable of Greater Washington
Had I not met and trusted Kate Fisken, I would have made a big mess out of my government contracts. I didn’t realize how complex the business could be.
Richard Seaton | Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Impact Marketing + Communications