See More: Leadership Team
Kathleen Curtis Fisken, EA, LPA, ATA
Client Services Principal
Kathleen Curtis Fisken, EA, LPA, ATA is a principal at Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman CPAs. She has with a variety of clients since 1986 with a focus on international tax issues affecting US citizens and resident aliens living overseas, international nonprofit organizations, and government contractors working internationally. Prior to joining the firm, she was an owner of Fisken & Company, an accounting, tax and management consulting practice that merged with Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman in 2000.
Ms. Fisken is highly knowledgeable about the working/living environment of overseas Americans, having lived in India as a Peace Corps Volunteer and spent time working in Central and South America. She specializes in providing the unique tax services affecting those living and working abroad, as well as assisting many NGO’s and for-profit organizations with Ex-Pat and In-Pat tax issues, host country taxation, and the development of their international tax policies and procedures. Ms. Fisken speaks Spanish and Hindustani.
During her career, Ms. Fisken has developed her expertise in the areas of business consulting and outsourced accounting services for both commercial and nonprofit organizations. Her specialized work with commercial organizations includes extensive experience with US Government contractors in the areas of contract negotiation, FARS compliance, indirect cost pools design, tax and financial planning and budgeting, and representation in DCAA, Inspector General and IRS audits. As Director of Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman’s Client Services Department, Ms. Fisken and her staff provide a full range of client accounting services both off and on site, including monthly accounting write-up services; financial statement preparation; accounting software conversions and upgrades; and staffing of temporary controllerships and CFO positions.
- Bachelor of Arts degree, Whittier College
- Maryland Society of Accountants (MSA)
- National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
- National Society of Accountants (NSA)
- Virginia Society of Accountants
- Committee Member, Maryland Senior Olympics Commission
- Board Secretary, US Master Swimming team
- Board Treasurer, Institute for Training and Development (Amherst, Mass.)
- Finance Committee, Washington Project for the Arts
- Founding Board Member, Friends of India
- Founding Board Member, Shepherd Park After-School Program
- Former Board Member, The McLean School
- Former Board Member, St. Andrews Episcopal School
Bob Albrecht has been our auditor for almost a decade for very real reasons. He is a true professional who takes a pragmatic approach to operating in the most difficult of environments.
Drew Sullivan | Editor
Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project