See More: Leadership Team
Michael Gelman, CPA
Founding Partner (Retired)
|Get In Touch:||240.752.1700|
Michael C. Gelman, the founding partner of Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman, has officially retired from the firm. Mr. Gelman’s biographical information is included below. If you wish to contact him, please call The Morningstar Foundation at 240-752-1700.
Mr. Gelman is chair of the executive committee of The Jewish Federations of North America (JFNA), having previously served as the organization’s treasurer.
Mr. Gelman served three terms as president of The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, two terms as the Federation’s co-campaign chair, and one term as president of its Endowment Fund. He was a member of the United States Holocaust Memorial Council from 1995 to 2004, having been appointed to that position by President Clinton. Mr. Gelman was appointed by Maryland Governor Glendening to the University System of Maryland’s Board of Regents, serving from 1996 to 2000.
Mr. Gelman was the inaugural chairman of the board of The Israel Project and currently serves on its executive committee. He also sits on the boards of several organizations, including Jewish Agency for Israel, Hillel, Washington Institute for Near East Policy, University of Maryland College Park Foundation, American Jewish International Relations Institute, Moment Magazine, and Congressional Bank.
- American Jewish International Relations Institute, Board Member
- Congressional Bank, Board Member
- Hillel: Foundation for Jewish Campus Life, Board Member
- Israel Project, Executive Committee Member and Inaugural Chairman
- Jewish Agency for Israel, Board Member
- Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, Past Co-Campaign Chair and Past President
- Jewish Federation of Greater Washington Endowment Fund, Past President
- Jewish Federations of North America, Executive Committee Chair, Former Treasurer
- Moment Magazine, Board Member
- University of Maryland College Park Foundation, Board Member
- University System of Maryland’s Board of Regents, Past Board Member
- U.S. Holocaust Museum, Past Council Member
- Washington Institute for Near East Policy, Board Member