It’s the holiday season and a lot of us will Read more →
See More: Careers
Staff members are selected to join our firm based primarily on academic credentials, experience, integrity and an aptitude for the profession. We seek professionals who enjoy direct client contact and a high level of individual responsibility. We believe that our continued growth depends on the quality of our staff and so we offer excellent benefits, competitive salaries and a continuing education program.
We encourage you to consider each opportunity listed below and submit a cover letter and a resume via email to kdavis[at]grfcpa[dot]com, so we can determine whether your background and qualifications make you a suitable match for our firm. All resumes are acknowledged and remain under active consideration for six months from the date they are received.
(Click each open position to view responsibilities and job requirements.)
- Adhere to the Firm’s system of Quality Control.
- Perform diversified accounting, auditing and tax assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager or partner.
- Demonstrate competency in technical skills, work quality and application of professional and firm standards.
- Meet time constraints and client deadlines.
- Participate in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Direct and instruct audit staff in work to be performed and working paper review.
- Determine the scope of the work to be performed and select the transactions to be tested. Review and comment on results.
- Prepare and index working papers; perform various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles and generally accepted auditing standards to verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters.
- Suggest client tax planning ideas to supervisor, manager or partner.
- Prepare routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of partner or manager; write comments for management letters.
- Draft reports including footnotes.
- Look for opportunities to cross-sell other GRF services.
- Assist in planning and organizing daily activities, setting priorities and ensuring tasks are performed.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive firm and client information.
- Prepare other reports, projects and duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and at least three to five (3-5) years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks.
Demonstrated Skill, Ability, Certificates and Licensure Requirements
- Effective written and oral communications with employees, vendors, partners and clients.
- A current and valid certified public accountant’s license or actively seeking CPA certification.
- Must be a member in good standing of the American Institute of CPAs.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting programs.
- Aptitude for skills required to bring in new business.
Continuing Educational Requirements
- Minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
- May participate in career development to improve managerial, communication and interpersonal skills.
Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman has been providing auditing services for the Capital Area Food Bank for the past nine years. We have found their services to be honest, accurate, efficient and clear.
Raphael Guerrero | Controller
Capital Area Food Bank