Government contract monitoring is an essential aspect of working with Read more →
See More: Industries
Contracting with the federal government is a competitive industry in Washington, DC, across the nation and around the world. The scrutiny of entities that are awarded government contracts and grants highlights the advantages of collaborating with experienced accounting professionals. Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman offers technical expertise, in-depth understanding of the federal audit process and years of experience assisting businesses and nonprofit entities that receive US government funding from grants, cooperative agreements and contracts.
Our professionals assist clients in the navigation of complex federal regulations to ensure compliance with US government requirements and procurement and accounting rules as they pertain to Cost Accounting Standards and the Federal Acquisition Regulations. The end result is increased understanding on the part of our clients.
Our government contracting team was developed by Jerry Rosenberg, a founding partner of Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman CPAs, as well as a former employee of the federal government, who accumulated unique familiarity with this industry through four years of experience as an auditor for the Defense Contract Audit Agency. As Jerry is now retired, he has passed his role to John Pace, CPA, CVA, a manager in the firm’s client services department with experience with the FAR, CAS and other regulations related to government contractors. Other staff has hands-on experience working in the private sector for government contractors. Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman provides the following services for entities that contract with the federal government:
- Accounting and management system consulting
- Audit/assurance services
- Business valuations
- Compliance with Defense Acquisition Regulations, Federal Acquisition Regulations and Cost Accounting Standards
- Contract negotiation and management
- Accounting software support
- Development of cost and pricing strategies
- Development of strategic business plans
- Financial planning
- Indirect rate structure and NICRA projections
- Management support for SBA 8(a) certification
- Outsourced accounting
- Client consultation to prepare for DCAA audit (accounting systems compliance, financial capability, contract close out, incurred costs)
- Preparation of incurred cost submissions
- Accounting systems audit, incurred cost audit and financial capability audit
- Request for Proposal for preparation and evaluation
- Tax planning and preparation
Our experienced experts will help you meet the challenges of becoming a contractor, managing the process of working with the federal government and achieving financial success for your business or nonprofit organization.
Subscribe to GovCon Insights to receive our biweekly newsletter, featuring articles designed to increase the knowledge and ability of government contractors.
When selecting an auditor, the Council on Social Work Education sought a firm that could bring the greatest technical expertise to our organization. I remember my first meeting with Terri McKnight. As a new Executive Director, I felt very confident that she and Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman had a handle on the nonprofit industry and could help us make better financial decisions for our environment.
Dr. Julia Watkins | Executive Director
Council on Social Work Education