See More: International NGOs
International NGO Experience
Our experience includes:
- Establishing and reviewing regional office financial reporting and accounting systems
- Performing on-site field office audits and internal control reviews
- Advising on provisions of OMB Circulars A-110, A-122 and A-133 and specific compliance requirements mandated by the US Agency for International Development, the US State Department and other agencies of the United States government that finance international development
- Working with local audit firms to coordinate other field office and/or statutory audits
- Implementing controls and establishing procedures manuals
- Providing financial management training
- Advising on procedures for the procurement of goods and services
- Providing technical assistance in meeting agency requirements
- Consulting on indirect cost rate calculations
- Designing accounting systems to comply with the reporting needs of organizations that receive federal awards and monitor awards to sub-grantees
- Analyzing and developing risk evaluation procedures
- Providing technical advice on the tax implications of sending employees overseas
- Advising about practices with respect to sub-award activities and compliance with US government regulation
- Preparing expatriate and nonresident alien tax returns
Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman’s reputation working with US-based non-governmental organizations is such that foreign-based NGOs including Norwegian People’s Aid, Oxfam and Accion Contre La Faim have also engaged our firm to conduct audits of their US-government funded projects.
In addition to audit, tax and financial consulting services, we also deliver outsourced accounting solutions to international organizations.
Our firm is active in non-governmental industry groups such as InsideNGO and InterAction through annual meetings, presentations and conference and workshop presentations, demonstrating our commitment to this industry and our stake in ensuring financial management success among its members.
We have a wonderful relationship with Andreas Alexandrou, and Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman as a whole.
Nalin Liyanamana | Chief Financial Officer