See More: Industries
Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman CPAs has been committed to providing exceptional service to the nonprofit industry for more than 30 years–this community is the cornerstone of our practice. Our professionals provide solutions and best practice recommendations to help nonprofits maintain financial stability with increased accountability and transparency, an especially important goal during these economically volatile times.
We currently provide services to more than 500 tax-exempt organizations in the greater Washington metropolitan region, across the nation and around the world, including:
- Trade and membership associations
- International non-governmental organizations (foreign and domestic)
- Human and social services organizations
- Cultural arts organizations
- Private foundations
- Faith-based organizations
- Public interest organizations
- Other charitable institutions
Our firm’s leadership offers more than a century of combined experience helping tax-exempt organizations achieve financial and operational success. In addition to nonprofit audit and assurance services, which represent the majority of our work, we also provide the following:
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Nonprofit tax compliance and consulting services
- Organizational, operational and financial analysis
- Revenue recognition assessments
- Expenses allocation analysis
- Internal control evaluation
- Budget preparation
- Strategic planning
- Indirect cost rate
- Accounting policies and procedures manuals
- Information technology design and installation
- Financial and management reporting
- Board development
- Grant management review
- Cash flow projections
- Training of finance personnel
- Ballot counting
Our leadership and staff are actively involved in the nonprofit industry by participating on boards, volunteering or through membership in a number of different industry groups. We write articles and present seminars throughout the nonprofit community related to auditing, tax, and financial management to keep clients informed and up to date on relevant topics. Visit our Resources page to sign up for newsletters that contain helpful financial resources for nonprofit organizations.
David is the consummate professional – knowledgeable, personable, confident, available, and trustworthy.
Thomas V. Draude | Brigadier General, USMC (Ret), President and Chief Executive Officer
Marine Corps University Foundation, Inc.