See More: Publications
Policies and Procedures that Help Nonprofits Achieve Their Financial Goals
- The legal protection they offer
- The guidance they provide to management
- The assistance they provide to achieve compliance with governmental laws
- Their ability to facilitate uniform work standards, rules and regulations
- Their ability to provide consistent and fair treatment of employees
The presentation also covered a) the responsibilities of management and the Board of Directors, b) how to develop a manual outlining policies and procedures and c) areas of significance including a corporate credit card policy, travel and expense reimbursement, conflict of interest policy, a whistleblower policy, performance appraisals, payroll matters, the segregation of duties and the review of outsourced accounting functions.
The presentation was hosted by the Center for Nonprofit Advancement.
“We are a smaller client for Gelman, Rosenberg and Freedman, but they take our business seriously and never fail to make us feel important.”
Marcia Zier | Vice President
Interactive Drama, Inc.