See More: Tax Planning and Preparation
Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman’s nonprofit tax practice is led by two professionals who have nearly 60 years of combined experience working exclusively with tax-exempt organizations including public charities, foundations, associations and international organizations. They are supported by an expert team of managers and staff. Together, the team is well positioned to provide clients with the highest level of services in addressing federal and state compliance requirements. Additionally, the team regularly consults with clients on tax questions and planning opportunities with respect to both current law and any proposed legislation. Over the years, the team has advised many the largest and most complex entities in the tax-exempt industry.
Our professionals have particular expertise in preparing Forms 990 and 990-T. We apply knowledge of current tax law to minimize liabilities and protect exempt status. We understand the importance of knowing each client’s unique situation and closely monitor ever-changing tax laws and regulations. In addition to Form 990 and 990-T compliance, we regularly assist with issues such as:
- Unrelated business income (UBI) tax analysis
- Privation foundation tax analysis
- Tax implications of “alternative investments”
- Cost allocation analysis for UBI activities
- Financial reporting
- Intermediate sanctions regulations
- Public support calculations
- Compliance with IRS lobbying regulations
- Exempt status consulting
- Charitable donation reporting
- Executive compensation planning
- Independent tax review (FIN48 adaptation)
- IRS compliance regarding fundraising activities
- Direct mail solicitations
The benefit of working with a mid-sized accounting firm such as ours is direct access to our professionals to ensure you benefit from significant experience and the highest quality of service delivery.
We have a wonderful relationship with Andreas Alexandrou, and Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman as a whole.
Nalin Liyanamana | Chief Financial Officer