Risks in today’s fast-paced environment are continuing to evolve with respect to third-parties. With so many employees working remotely, we increasingly depend on third-party technologies, external data sources and outside service providers. This makes identifying and managing your organization’s cybersecurity and privacy risks more critical than ever before.
Join GRF’s Risk & Advisory experts for an interactive discussion exploring how third-party risk programs are meeting security expectations, highlighting areas where many organizations are falling short, and identifying possible solutions to close these gaps.
The presentation portion of the webinar will be followed by a 15-minute “Ask the Expert” breakout session where participants can ask our team questions about their organizations’ specific challenges.
Topics and Questions
- The value of third-party risk management (TPRM) in your organization
- TPRM’s role in cybersecurity and privacy
- Is your current third-party oversight adequate? Does your organization’s risk management of third parties occur throughout the lifespan of the relationship, or primarily just during the onboarding process?
- How to develop your organization’s TPRM framework in an efficient and cost effective manner while also maintaining baseline security and privacy expectations
Melissa Musser, CPA, CITP, CISA | Principal, Risk & Advisory Services | GRF CPAs & Advisors
Mrs. Musser is a principal at GRF CPAs & Advisors with over 15 years of professional experience. She and her team deliver comprehensive risk-based assessments to help organizations respond to strategic, financial, compliance, operational and IT risks. Her expertise includes establishing, maintaining and optimizing internal controls, compliance, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), and cybersecurity programs. Mrs. Musser is the proud recipient of the 2018 AICPA Information Management and Technology Assurance (IMTA) Standing Ovation award.
Ricardo Trujillo, CPA, CITP, CISA | Partner, Audit | GRF CPAs & Advisors
Mr. Trujillo has worked in auditing and accounting since 2000. He has proven expertise in audits, reviews and compilations, management advisory services and tax preparations for corporations, partnerships, employee benefit plans and individuals. His nonprofit experience spans across a variety of organizations including foundations, trade and membership associations, charitable institutions and US-based non-governmental organizations. Mr. Trujillo leads the firm’s information technology audit initiative and helps for-profit and nonprofit organizations bridge the gap between business and technology by carefully analyzing IT infrastructures.
Darren Hulem, CISA, Security+, PCIP
IT & Risk Analyst
GRF CPAs & Advisors
- Learning Objectives: To provide attendees with an overview of third-party risk management and its role in cybersecurity and privacy
- Instructional Delivery Methods: Group Internet-based
- Recommended CPE: 1.0 CPE
- Recommended Fields of Study: Information Technology
- Prerequisites: None Required
- Advance Preparation: None
- Program Level: Basic
- Course Registration Requirements: None
- Refund Policy: No fee is required to participate in this session.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event that the presentation is cancelled or rescheduled, participants will be contacted immediately with details.
- Complaint Resolution Policy: GRF CPAs & Advisors is committed to our participants’ 100% satisfaction and will make every reasonable effort to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. Please contact email@example.com with any concerns.
GRF CPAs & Advisors is also a CAE Approved Provider. This program meets the requirements for fulfilling the professional development requirements to earn or maintain the Certified Association Executive credential and may be applied for 1 (one) credit toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements. Every program that we offer which qualifies for CAE credit will clearly identify the number of CAE credits granted for full participation, and we will maintain records of your participation in accord with CAE policies. For more information about the CAE credential or Approved Provider program, please visit www.asaecenter.org/cae.