In the digital age, cybersecurity and privacy concerns have become major issues for businesses and nonprofits looking to protect their information from outside parties. As time spent working from home as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic continues for many workers, these concerns have only intensified.
Join risk and cybersecurity experts from GRF for an interactive discussion on the constantly changing cyber landscape and the latest methods to protect your organization from virtual threats. The session will also cover online threats specific to C-Suites, methods to evaluate if your organization is taking privacy seriously and best practices for successful privacy risk management.
- Understand the cybersecurity & fraud landscape and how you should be protecting your organization from threats
- Emerging cybersecurity concerns as a result of the pandemic and work-from-home virtual environments
- Overview of regulatory environment
- Understand why data privacy is a critical concern to C-Suites
Melissa Musser, CPA, CITP, CISA | Principal, Risk & Advisory Services | GRF CPAs & Advisors
Mrs. Musser is a principal at GRF CPAs & Advisors with over 15 years of professional experience. She and her team deliver comprehensive risk-based assessments to help organizations respond to strategic, financial, compliance, operational and IT risks. Her expertise includes establishing, maintaining and optimizing internal controls, compliance, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), and cybersecurity programs. Mrs. Musser is the proud recipient of the 2018 AICPA Information Management and Technology Assurance (IMTA) Standing Ovation award.
Ricardo Trujillo, CPA, CITP, CISA | Partner, Audit | GRF CPAs & Advisors
Mr. Trujillo has worked in auditing and accounting since 2000. He has proven expertise in audits, reviews and compilations, management advisory services and tax preparations for corporations, partnerships, employee benefit plans and individuals. His nonprofit experience spans across a variety of organizations including foundations, trade and membership associations, charitable institutions and US-based non-governmental organizations. Mr. Trujillo leads the firm’s information technology audit initiative and helps for-profit and nonprofit organizations bridge the gap between business and technology by carefully analyzing IT infrastructures.
- Learning Objective: To provide attendees with an overview of the cybersecurity & fraud landscape and best practices for protecting their organizations from threats
- Instructional Delivery Methods: Group Internet-based
- Recommended CPE: 1.0 CPE
- Recommended Fields of Study: Information Technology
- Prerequisites: None Required
- Advance Preparation: None
- Program Level: Basic
- Course Registration Requirements: None
- Refund Policy: No fee is required to participate in this session.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event that the presentation is cancelled or rescheduled, participants will be contacted immediately with details.
- Complaint Resolution Policy: GRF CPAs & Advisors is committed to our participants’ 100% satisfaction and will make every reasonable effort to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. Please contact email@example.com with any concerns.