If your nonprofit receives funding from a federal grant (either directly or via a sub-award), you should take proactive steps to recover the maximum amount of indirect costs for your organization. Join GRF CPAs & Advisors for a four-part webinar series providing nonprofit organizations with everything they need to know about indirect rates under Uniform Guidance (UG).
This series of one-hour webinars is designed to guide participants through every important aspect of UG indirect rates and allocations. Participants will come away with a better understanding of the cost principals under UG and have the opportunity to participate in a practical exercise to build an indirect rate. GRF’s presenters will also highlight important changes and new options for indirect rates under UG as proposed in the Cross-Agency Priority Goal posted by OMB in the Federal Register on January 22, 2020.
Who should attend?
This series is designed for grant administrators and legal, accounting and finance staff of federal grant or sub-award recipient organizations who are either new to UG or need a refresher.
Part III – Building an Indirect Rate for Nonprofits with Federal Awards
1.0 CPE Credit Available
Building on the first two webinars in the series, the third session will provide a nonprofit federal award recipient as an example and walk participants through how to build an indirect rate using the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Indirect Cost Rate Proposal template. The example use the post-audit trial balance and the Statement of Functional Expense (SFE).
- Transition issues (i.e. an entity that has no indirect rate and charges occupancy direct rather than using a negotiated indirect rate)
- Avoiding double-charging during the transition process
- Use of special indirect rates such as a bifurcated general and administrative (G&A) rate for programs with and without occupancy
Moderated by Yevgeniy Sukhenko, CPA | Supervisor, Outsourced Accounting & Advisory Services
Additional Program Details
- Learning Objective: To provide practical guidance for building an indirect rate for nonprofits with federal awards
- Instructional Delivery Methods: Group Internet-based
- Recommended CPE: 1.0 CPE
- Recommended Fields of Study: Accounting – Technical
- Prerequisites: None Required
- Advance Preparation: None
- Program Level: Basic
- Course Registration Requirements: None
- Refund Policy: No fee is required to participate in this session.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event that the presentation is cancelled or rescheduled, participants will be contacted immediately with details.
- Complaint Resolution Policy: GRF CPAs & Advisors is committed to our participants’ 100% satisfaction and will make every reasonable effort to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. Please contact email@example.com with any concerns.
Register for Part IV