December 19, 2011
Audit Partner Jim Larson and Senior Audit Manager Trevor Williams presented on the roles of policies and procedures for nonprofit organizations, including:
- The legal protection they offer
- The guidance they provide to management
- The assistance they provide to achieve compliance with governmental laws
- Their ability to facilitate uniform work standards, rules and regulations
- Their ability to provide consistent and fair treatment of employees
The presentation also covered a) the responsibilities of management and the Board of Directors, b) how to develop a manual outlining policies and procedures and c) areas of significance including a corporate credit card policy, travel and expense reimbursement, conflict of interest policy, a whistleblower policy, performance appraisals, payroll matters, the segregation of duties and the review of outsourced accounting functions.
The presentation was hosted by the Center for Nonprofit Advancement.
This article was originally posted on December 19, 2011 and the information may no longer be current. For questions, please contact GRF CPAs & Advisors at firstname.lastname@example.org.