Download the Slide Deck
Listen to the Recording
In June, FASB issued an update to Topic 958, “Clarifying the Scope of the Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contributions Made” to clarify how nonprofits determine whether a resource provider is participating in an exchange transaction vs. providing a contribution. Understanding how the new guidance affects revenue recognition is critical for all nonprofit organizations.
Join GRF’s nonprofit assurance pros to learn how your organization can identify reciprocal and non-reciprocal transactions to comply with FASB ASU 2018-18 as well as FASB ASU 2014-09 “Revenue for Contracts with Customers”. Participants will come away with a better understanding of the complexities of revenue recognition and the knowledge nonprofit financial professionals need to properly record contributions, grants and contracts.
Our presenters will discuss:
- Criteria for exchange transactions vs. contributions
- Conditional vs. unconditional contributions
- The 5-Step process to record revenue with contracts with customers
- Best practices for implementation
Additional Program Details
- Learning Objective: To provide attendees with a better understanding of Topic 605 and Topic 606.
- Instructional Delivery Methods: Group Internet-based
- Recommended CPE: 1.0 CPE
- Recommended Fields of Study: Audit
- Prerequisites: None Required
- Advance Preparation: None
- Program Level: Basic
- Course Registration Requirements: None
- Refund Policy: No fee is required to participate in this session.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event that the presentation is cancelled or rescheduled, participants will be contacted immediately with details.
- Complaint Resolution Policy: Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman is committed to our seminar participants’ 100% satisfaction and will make every reasonable effort to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. Please contact email@example.com with any concerns.