When is the last time your organization thoroughly evaluated its internal controls? If you are part of the management team or board of directors, internal control is part of your fiduciary responsibility. In addition to facilitating the fulfillment of mission and stated business objectives, internal controls protect organizations from fraud and help them avoid potential regulatory and compliance issues. This is especially important for those organizations who receive federal grants and/or maintain operations around the world. Read GRF’s recent blog post on Internal Audit.
Establishing an internal audit function ensures proper internal controls are in place and serves as your organization’s best line of defense. Join GRF for an overview of internal audit and learn the benefits of “a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes”.1 You will come away with the tools you need to begin examining your organization’s internal controls.
- Importance of internal controls
- The role of internal audit
- Benefits of an effective internal audit function
- Case study
1 Institute of Internal Auditor’s International Professionals Framework (IPPF)
Mark Tessar, CPA | Supervisor, Audit
Andreas A. Alexandrou, CPA | Partner, Audit
Melissa Musser, CPA, CITP, CISA | Principal, Risk & Advisory Services
Additional Program Details
- Learning Objective: To provide attendees with a better understanding of the role of internal audit and the characteristics of an effective internal audit function.
- Instructional Delivery Methods: Group Internet-based
- Recommended CPE: 1.0 CPE
- Recommended Fields of Study: Audit
- Prerequisites: None Required
- Advance Preparation: None
- Program Level: Basic
- Course Registration Requirements: None
- Refund Policy: No fee is required to participate in this session.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event that the presentation is cancelled or rescheduled, participants will be contacted immediately with details.
- Complaint Resolution Policy: GRF CPAs & Advisors is committed to our participants’ 100% satisfaction and will make every reasonable effort to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.