In June, FASB issued an update to Topic 958, “Clarifying the Scope of the Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contributions Made” to clarify how nonprofits determine whether a resource provider is participating in an exchange transaction vs. providing a contribution. Understanding how the new guidance affects revenue recognition is critical for all nonprofit organizations.
Join GRF’s nonprofit assurance pros to learn how your organization can identify reciprocal and non-reciprocal transactions to comply with FASB ASU 2018-18 as well as FASB ASU 2014-09 “Revenue for Contracts with Customers”. Participants will come away with a better understanding of the complexities of revenue recognition and the knowledge nonprofit financial professionals need to properly record contributions, grants and contracts.
Our presenters will discuss:
- Criteria for exchange transactions vs. contributions
- Conditional vs. unconditional contributions
- The 5-Step process to record revenue with contracts with customers
- Best practices for implementation
Additional Program Details
- Learning Objective: To provide attendees with a better understanding of Topic 605 and Topic 606.
- Instructional Delivery Methods: Group Internet-based
- Recommended CPE: 1.0 CPE
- Recommended Fields of Study: Audit
- Prerequisites: None Required
- Advance Preparation: None
- Program Level: Basic
- Course Registration Requirements: None
- Refund Policy: No fee is required to participate in this session.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event that the presentation is cancelled or rescheduled, participants will be contacted immediately with details.
- Complaint Resolution Policy: Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman is committed to our seminar participants’ 100% satisfaction and will make every reasonable effort to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.