With organizations now required to present a statement of functional expenses under ASU 2016-14 and their financial information becoming more readily available to both donors and the public, it is more important than ever to have your expenses clearly identified and allocated properly. Incorrect functional and/or indirect allocation can render perfectly legitimate and necessary expenses a liability for your organization and cause headaches for management.
Join GRF for an overview of allocating direct and indirect expenses and implementation of appropriate indirect rates. Our nonprofit professionals will provide the information you need to help your organization avoid common problems, develop best practices and allow for accurate tracking and reporting of overhead to reflect your organization’s efficiency and effectiveness. You’ll come away with practical knowledge and tools to help your organization tackle some of its biggest challenges.
We will discuss common issues related to functional allocation and indirect rates including:
- Determining which costs should be allocated
- The basis of allocation
- Federal vs. Non-federal funders
- How to develop the appropriate rate for your organization
- Structuring indirect rates in accordance with Uniform Guidance
- Current trends of allocating direct and indirect rates
Additional Program Details
- Learning Objective: To provide attendees with a better understanding of functional expenses and indirect rates.
- Instructional Delivery Methods: Group Internet-based
- Recommended CPE: 1.0 CPE
- Recommended Fields of Study: Audit
- Prerequisites: None Required
- Advance Preparation: None
- Program Level: Basic
- Course Registration Requirements: None
- Refund Policy: No fee is required to participate in this session.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event that the presentation is cancelled or rescheduled, participants will be contacted immediately with details.
- Complaint Resolution Policy: Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman is committed to our seminar participants’ 100% satisfaction and will make every reasonable effort to resolve complaints as quickly as possible. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.
Jennifer Arminger, CPA | Nonprofit Audit Partner
Andreas A. Alexandrou, CPA | Nonprofit Audit Partner